Connecting a Gmail account to your Skaly 🧬 account has never been easier. To do this, you just need to be the administrator of your account and first set up the two-step verification to secure your account.
- How to activate two-step verification on Gmail?
(Please go to step following if however your two-step authentication has already been activated by yourself or by the administrator of your account)
First of all 👇🏼
- Go to the interface of your Gmail account.
- Click on your photo at the top right of your screen.
- Then click on "Manage your Google account".
Here is a visual example 👇🏼
Then navigate to your Google My Account console 👇🏼
- Click on "Security".
- Scroll down to the third step: Connecting to Google.
- Activate your "Two-Step Verification" with your phone number.
Here is the result that should appear 👇🏼
Lo and behold, your Gmail account is now more secure than it was before thanks to this system that links your account to your phone number in case something goes wrong.
- How to create a secure app password on Gmail?
To do this, go back to the Google My Account interface where you were initially and click just below the two-step verification.
This is what the "App Passwords" Call-to-Action looks like 👇🏼
Now all you have to do is follow these steps carefully 👇🏼
- Enter your Gmail password to access the next step:
- First select the "Messaging" application:
Explanation: Skaly 🧬 is not intended to access your entire Gmail account, which is your personal information. Skaly 🧬 requires access only to your email in order to conduct automated prospecting campaigns from your account and to warm up your account and thus increase your deliverability (and avoid landing in SPAMs).
- Then select the "other" device as in the example below:
- Assign the name "Skaly" to easily find your password:
- Copy the password that is displayed and do not leave it within reach of anyone!
- Your password is now created and ready to use:
Now all you have to do is stick this password on Skaly 🧬 and start running automated prospecting campaigns after making sure to warm up your Gmail account thanks to the Skaly Warm Up!
To do this, go to the dashboard of your Skaly platform 🧬
- On the welcome screen at the top left of your screen, click on your email configuration to connect your account:
- You will be automatically redirected to the "Settings" page as well as to the "Emailing" tab where you will have to click on "Add":
- Select "Google" as the SMTP provider and insert your email address that you want to connect to Skaly 🧬 as well as the application password that you copied in the previous step:
⛔️ Attention ⛔️ You MUST fill in EXACTLY the same email address on Skaly 🧬 as the one for which you generated an application password in the previous steps!
- By carefully following all these steps, you have successfully connected your Gmail account to your Skaly 🧬 platform and this screen is now displayed:
- Do not forget to save your operation so as not to reproduce it:
- If the backup was successful, click "Ok". Otherwise, try the manipulation again to be sure to copy the correct password before contacting our customer service to request personalized assistance:
- Bravo, your email address is now connected to Skaly 🧬 and your Dashboard has been updated. All you have to do is find customers! 🤑
If you are wondering "Why is it important to create an app password for Gmail before connecting it to my Skaly 🧬 platform?" we invite you to click on the question in order to clarify this gray area together. 😃